- A plan for attaining a particular goal.
- A military training exercise.
- A deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill.
- usage: "he made a great maneuver"; "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
- A move made to gain a tactical end.
- An action aimed at evading an opponent.
- Act in order to achieve a certain goal.
- usage: "He maneuvered to get the chairmanship"; "She maneuvered herself into the directorship"
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling.
- Perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). manoeuvre. Retrieved February 21, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/manoeuvre/definitions/1293457|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "manoeuvre" http://smartdefine.org/manoeuvre/definitions/1293457 (accessed February 21, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, manoeuvre, Smart Define, viewed 21 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/manoeuvre/definitions/1293457>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "manoeuvre" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/manoeuvre/definitions/1293457>|