- A military training exercise.
- A plan for attaining a particular goal.
- A deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill.
- usage: "he made a great maneuver"; "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
- A move made to gain a tactical end.
- An action aimed at evading an opponent.
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling.
- Act in order to achieve a certain goal.
- usage: "He maneuvered to get the chairmanship"; "She maneuvered herself into the directorship"
- Perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). maneuver. Retrieved April 22, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/maneuver/definitions/1188802|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "maneuver" http://smartdefine.org/maneuver/definitions/1188802 (accessed April 22, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, maneuver, Smart Define, viewed 22 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/maneuver/definitions/1188802>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "maneuver" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/maneuver/definitions/1188802>|