- Someone employed to conduct others.
- synonyms: usher
- Someone who shows the way by leading or advising.
- Something that offers basic information or instruction.
- synonyms: guidebook
- A model or standard for making comparisons.
- Someone who can find paths through unexplored territory.
- A structure or marking that serves to direct the motion or positioning of something.
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling.
- Take somebody somewhere.
- usage: "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance"; "He conducted us to the palace"
- Be a guiding or motivating force or drive.
- usage: "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
- synonyms: steer
- Use as a guide.
- usage: "They had the lights to guide on"
- synonyms: guide on
- Pass over, across, or through.
- usage: "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). guide. Retrieved October 16, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/guide/definitions/1230331|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "guide" http://smartdefine.org/guide/definitions/1230331 (accessed October 16, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, guide, Smart Define, viewed 16 October, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/guide/definitions/1230331>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "guide" 23 October 2010. Web. 16 October 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/guide/definitions/1230331>|