- (n.) Something intended to serve or that may serve, as a pattern of something to be made; a material representation or embodiment of an ideal; sometimes, a drawing; a plan; as, the clay model of a sculpture; the inventor's model of a machine.
- (n.) A person who poses as a pattern to an artist.
- (n.) Any copy or resemblance, more or less exact.
- (n.) That by which a thing is to be measured; standard.
- (n.) A miniature representation of a thing, with the several parts in due proportion; sometimes, a facsimile of the same size.
- (v.i.) To make a copy or a pattern; to design or imitate forms; as, to model in wax.
- (v.t.) To plan or form after a pattern; to form in model; to form a model or pattern for; to shape; to mold; to fashion; as, to model a house or a government; to model an edifice according to the plan delineated.
- (a.) Suitable to be taken as a model or pattern; as, a model house; a model husband.
- (n.) Anything which serves or may serve, as an example for imitation; as, a government formed on the model of the American constitution; a model of eloquence, virtue or behavior.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). model. Retrieved February 16, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/model/definitions/2033711|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "model" http://smartdefine.org/model/definitions/2033711 (accessed February 16, 2019).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, model, Smart Define, viewed 16 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/model/definitions/2033711>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "model" 27 May 2011. Web. 16 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/model/definitions/2033711>|