- (adv.) Not disturbed by noise or agitation; quiet; calm; as, a still evening; a still atmosphere.
- (a.) To this time; until and during the time now present; now no less than before; yet.
- (adv.) Motionless; at rest; quiet; as, to stand still; to lie or sit still.
- (n.) Freedom from noise; calm; silence; as, the still of midnight.
- (adv.) Uttering no sound; silent; as, the audience is still; the animals are still.
- (a.) After that; after what is stated.
- (v.) A house where liquors are distilled; a distillery.
- (a.) In an increasing or additional degree; even more; -- much used with comparatives.
- (a.) Notwithstanding what has been said or done; in spite of what has occured; nevertheless; -- sometimes used as a conjunction. See Synonym of But.
- (adv.) Comparatively quiet or silent; soft; gentle; low.
- (a.) To stop, as motion or agitation; to cause to become quiet or comparatively quiet; to check the agitation of; as, to still the raging sea.
- (v.t.) To cause to fall by drops.
- (v.t.) To expel spirit from by heat or to evaporate and condense in a refrigeratory; to distill.
- (v.i.) To drop or flow in drops; to distill.
- (n.) A steep hill or ascent.
- (a.) In the future as now and before.
- (v.) A vessel, boiler or copper used in the distillation of liquids; specifically, one used for the distillation of alcoholic liquors; a retort. The name is sometimes applied to the whole apparatus used in in vaporization and condensation.
- (adv.) Not effervescing; not sparkling; as, still wines.
- (a.) In continuation by successive or repeated acts; always; ever; constantly; uniformly.
- (a.) To appease; to calm; to quiet, as tumult, agitation or excitement; as, to still the passions.
- (adv.) Constant; continual.
- (a.) To stop, as noise; to silence.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). still. Retrieved February 17, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/still/definitions/2066518|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "still" http://smartdefine.org/still/definitions/2066518 (accessed February 17, 2019).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, still, Smart Define, viewed 17 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/still/definitions/2066518>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "still" 28 May 2011. Web. 17 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/still/definitions/2066518>|