- The act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time.
- usage: "he dropped by for a visit"
- A meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone (such as a doctor or lawyer) for treatment or advice.
- usage: "he scheduled a visit to the dentist"
- The act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection. )
- The act of going to see some person in a professional capacity.
- usage: "a visit to the dentist"
- A temporary stay (e. G., as a guest.
- synonyms: sojourn
- Go to see a place, as for entertainment.
- usage: "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- synonyms: see
- Go to certain places as for sightseeing.
- usage: "Did you ever visit Paris"
- synonyms: travel to
- Pay a brief visit.
- usage: "The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
- Come to see in an official or professional capacity.
- usage: "The governor visited the prison"; "The grant administrator visited the laboratory"
- synonyms: inspect
- Impose something unpleasant.
- usage: "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- Talk socially without exchanging too much information.
- usage: "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- Stay with as a guest.
- usage: "Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month"
- usage: "He was visited with a terrible illness that killed him quickly"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). visit. Retrieved August 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/visit/definitions/1193936|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "visit" http://smartdefine.org/visit/definitions/1193936 (accessed August 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, visit, Smart Define, viewed 21 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/visit/definitions/1193936>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "visit" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/visit/definitions/1193936>|