- The actors in a play.
- Container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens.
- The distinctive form in which a thing is made.
- usage: "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- The visual appearance of something or someone.
- usage: "the delicate cast of his features"
- Bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal.
- Object formed by a mold.
- synonyms: casting
- The act of throwing dice.
- synonyms: roll
- The act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel.
- synonyms: casting
- A violent throw.
- synonyms: hurl
- Put or send forth.
- usage: "She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"; "The setting sun threw long shadows"; "cast a spell"; "cast a warm light"
- usage: "cast a vote"; "cast a ballot"
- Select to play, sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet.
- usage: "He cast a young woman in the role of Desdemona"
- Throw forcefully.
- Assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors.
- usage: "Who cast this beautiful movie"
- Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
- usage: "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
- Form by pouring (e. G., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold.
- usage: "cast a bronze sculpture"
- Get rid of.
- usage: "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
- Choose at random.
- usage: "draw a card"; "cast lots"
- synonyms: draw
- Formulate in a particular style or language.
- usage: "I wouldn't put it that way"; "She cast her request in very polite language"
- Eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
- usage: "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). cast. Retrieved April 24, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/cast/definitions/1170307|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "cast" http://smartdefine.org/cast/definitions/1170307 (accessed April 24, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, cast, Smart Define, viewed 24 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/cast/definitions/1170307>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "cast" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/cast/definitions/1170307>|