- Informal terms for a meal.
- The part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade.
- A holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill.
- Throw carelessly.
- usage: "chuck the ball"
- synonyms: toss
- Throw away.
- usage: "Chuck these old notes"
- synonyms: ditch
- Pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin.
- synonyms: pat
- Eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
- usage: "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). chuck. Retrieved April 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/chuck/definitions/1202616|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "chuck" http://smartdefine.org/chuck/definitions/1202616 (accessed April 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, chuck, Smart Define, viewed 23 April, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/chuck/definitions/1202616>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "chuck" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 April 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/chuck/definitions/1202616>|