- The fact of being aware of information that is known to few people.
- usage: "he is always in the know"
- Be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about.
- usage: "I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game"; "I know it's time"
- Know how to do or perform something.
- usage: "She knows how to knit"; "Does your husband know how to cook"
- Be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt.
- usage: "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
- Be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object.
- usage: "She doesn't know this composer"; "Do you know my sister"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
- Have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations.
- usage: "I know the feeling"; "have you ever known hunger"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces"
- Accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority.
- usage: "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
- Have fixed in the mind.
- usage: "I know Latin"; "This student knows her irregular verbs"; "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it"
- Have sexual intercourse with.
- usage: "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man"
- Know the nature or character of.
- usage: "we all knew her as a big show-off"
- Be able to distinguish, recognize as being different.
- usage: "The child knows right from wrong"
- Perceive as familiar.
- usage: "I know this voice"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). know. Retrieved February 23, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/know/definitions/1214266|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "know" http://smartdefine.org/know/definitions/1214266 (accessed February 23, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, know, Smart Define, viewed 23 February, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/know/definitions/1214266>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "know" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 February 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/know/definitions/1214266>|