- Someone who guards prisoners.
- A simple machine of the inclined-plane type consisting of a spirally threaded cylindrical rod that engages with a similarly threaded hole.
- A propeller with several angled blades that rotates to push against water or air.
- synonyms: screw propeller
- A fastener with a tapered threaded shank and a slotted head.
- Slang for sexual intercourse.
- Have sexual intercourse with.
- usage: "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man"
- Turn like a screw.
- Cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion.
- usage: "drive in screws or bolts"
- synonyms: drive in
- Tighten or fasten by means of screwing motions.
- usage: "Screw the bottle cap on"
- Defeat someone through trickery or deceit.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). screw. Retrieved May 26, 2019, from http://smartdefine.org/screw/definitions/1207725|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "screw" http://smartdefine.org/screw/definitions/1207725 (accessed May 26, 2019).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, screw, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2019, <http://smartdefine.org/screw/definitions/1207725>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "screw" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2019. <http://smartdefine.org/screw/definitions/1207725>|